The Clean Energy Connection bridges the gap between California homeowners looking for qualified contractors and contractors that support clean energy projects. Our contractor directory allows homeowners to connect with local, vetted contractors with proven expertise and trustworthiness on clean energy and electrification projects.
Contractor Directory Goals
We have three primary goals for our directory:
1. Provide Direct Access to Clean Energy Contractors
In our exclusive directory, homeowners can find contractors that are actively supporting clean energy projects. We use two main criteria in our contractor ranking system: The first being positive feedback from routine customer satisfaction surveys, and the second being the responsiveness of contractors.
This process ensures that contractors are elevated in search results as they take on more clean energy projects and that homeowners can connect with contractors with demonstrated excellence. Our contractor ranking allows you to search the directory with confidence so you can find the right clean energy professional for heat pump installation, solar panel installation, insulation upgrades, and much more.
2. Grow and Support California’s Clean Energy Workforce
Reducing greenhouse gas emissions and meeting our state’s aggressive climate goals will require a vast workforce of diverse professionals, and clean energy contractors are on the frontline. The Clean Energy Connection provides leads for contractors that are focused on clean energy work. We are dedicated to supporting contractors and companies that are aligned with California’s clean energy goals. We believe that when high-quality work is recognized and rewarded, an industry grows.
3. Help California Achieve Its Emissions Reduction Goals
California legislators have passed laws requiring the state to drastically reduce its greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions, and buildings in California are the fourth largest source of these emissions in the state. New regulations require that 100% of electricity in California be generated from zero-carbon sources by 2045. Updated building codes are promoting clean energy in new construction. And, all-electric buildings are the way of the future.
That said, it will take a monumental effort by multiple entities to reduce our GHG emissions and embrace clean energy and electrification. One of the goals of our directory is to encourage electrification in all types of projects, especially those in existing buildings. Ideally, all new residential construction and remodel projects in California will include energy efficiency measures and utilize zero-carbon energy sources. The way we see it? The more clean energy projects completed by qualified contractors, the easier it will be to achieve these goals!
Why Use the Clean Energy Connection?
The Clean Energy Connection has several advantages over other home renovation contractor directories. Our primary goal is to provide a great experience for California homeowners like you, so you can continue to make the energy saving upgrades that help both our state and world.
Here’s why our directory stands out:
- Always free to use, for both contractors and homeowners
- Funded by the non-profit organization EFCA and is available to homeowners absolutely free—we have no stake in which contractor you choose!
- Your information is kept private—we will never sell it to third parties
- Simple-to-use interface that allows you to search for contractors based on the clean energy project you need to be completed
- Ability to filter contractors based on location, services, rebates and incentives, property type, project type, languages, and more
- Thorough vetting process for contractors, including regular California State License Board license checks as part of our contractor eligibility requirements
- Customer satisfaction surveys to ensure the directory includes only top-performing, experienced, and trustworthy clean energy contractors
Ready to find a contractor you can trust for your clean energy home upgrade?